The economy is BROKE but some women are independent.
It is another pleasant week to be with you my close readers. There seem to be very little that happened over the past week. I must apologize for the late delivery of the article this week. This has happened as a result of circumstances beyond my control. All the same am grateful I have had the opportunity to write. I must confess that the topic I have chosen to write on this week, I do not have much knowledge about it but I hope the small I write will benefit you all. Many of my readers will say, why is YOUNG POSITIVIST writing about entertainment this time around? Well I have got do so because as an upcoming journalist I need to be on top of issues. Even though I will not be hundred per cent (100%) precise in this write-up as compare to any issue related to politics or economics. As this article becomes the first time of writing on any matter related to entrainment, I hope readers will bear with any flaws that comes out. Surprisingly am not writing about the Vodafone Ghana Music Award (VGMA) that transpired over the weekend. But rather am writing on a statement made by one lady on a bigger Television (TV) station concerning the condition of the Ghanaian economy and the influence on Ghanaian women.
A lady called Moesha Boduong, my readers who are avid followers of entrainment in Ghana are conversant with the name. But to you who do not really follow entrainment in Ghana this is something little about her. She is an actress, business woman and TV presenter who hails from Bipolar in the Upper West region of Ghana. She was granted an interview on Cable News Network (CNN) in America concerning the economic system in Ghana and how she is able to survive. This is what she had to say “In Ghana, our economy is such a way that you need someone to take care of you. You can’t make enough money as a woman here. Because even when you want to get an apartment, in Ghana they take two years’ advance and I just started working where will I get money to pay?” she further said that “Because he (the man) can afford to take care of you. He takes care of me, my financials, my apartment, my car, and my rent everything.”
Folks, basically I find it very difficult agreeing with some of her statement concerning women in this country as in “You can’t make enough money as a woman here” in Ghana. This is not true. I must confess that some women in this country are working very hard and doing very well in their businesses and professions. Most at times I am intrigued by the hardworking women on our roadside who try to sell pure water and other things to passengers. They are really working hard. Not forgetting the wonderful women in Makola market. These are amazing women who do not depend on men and are very independent. They do not have to trade sex for money and take care of themselves. Go to the ministries and other agencies in the country, those women there are self-reliant. This comment is very unfortunate especially at a time that women in the country are calling for affirmative action.
On the other hand, there are some of the statements that she made that I totally agree with her. More especially concerning the nature of the economy in the country. I am in 100% support with her. You might take it or leave it but that is the bitter truth and I think she was bold enough to point them out irrespective of the platform that she had. Look at this statement and tell me if she is not right “In Ghana, our economy is such a way that you need someone to take care of you”. “Because even when you want to get an apartment, in Ghana they take two years’ advance”. To be candid with you the economic system in Ghana is very horrifying. Always we are being told by our politicians that the economy is in good shape. It is robust and many other adjectives. But as citizens we do not feel this in our pocket. We are being told by government that inflation keeps dropping down but always when you go to the market there is no change. Rather prices of goods keep on increasing day in and day out. All they can do is to confuse us with figures and have their way through. This is what we call in critical thinking as numerical fallacy. The economy is hard, and there is very little the government is doing about it. They complained that the previous government was collapsing the economy so when they come they are going to build it. Hmmmm. 15 months in office and things are still the same or worse. I think what the government should take from her interview is that, they should rise up and put the economy in the right shape.
Recently, there were a number of arm robbery cases that took place in Accra and some part of Ghana. What do you think would be the cause? One, it could be that the economy is bad or unemployment is on ascendancy. It is also true that in Ghana when you want to rent an apartment you have to pay two years in advance. The question is if you are not working what will you do? It is about time these politicians give us some break.
I must pay homage and tribute to our great and hardworking women who try all the time to be independent to help their homes. I say keep on and everything will be fine. This article is not intended to attack anybody but it is a humble opinion of YOUNG POSITIVIST. Ghana must work again. Ghana will work again. YOUNG POSITIVIST a concerned citizen of Ghana.
A lady called Moesha Boduong, my readers who are avid followers of entrainment in Ghana are conversant with the name. But to you who do not really follow entrainment in Ghana this is something little about her. She is an actress, business woman and TV presenter who hails from Bipolar in the Upper West region of Ghana. She was granted an interview on Cable News Network (CNN) in America concerning the economic system in Ghana and how she is able to survive. This is what she had to say “In Ghana, our economy is such a way that you need someone to take care of you. You can’t make enough money as a woman here. Because even when you want to get an apartment, in Ghana they take two years’ advance and I just started working where will I get money to pay?” she further said that “Because he (the man) can afford to take care of you. He takes care of me, my financials, my apartment, my car, and my rent everything.”
Folks, basically I find it very difficult agreeing with some of her statement concerning women in this country as in “You can’t make enough money as a woman here” in Ghana. This is not true. I must confess that some women in this country are working very hard and doing very well in their businesses and professions. Most at times I am intrigued by the hardworking women on our roadside who try to sell pure water and other things to passengers. They are really working hard. Not forgetting the wonderful women in Makola market. These are amazing women who do not depend on men and are very independent. They do not have to trade sex for money and take care of themselves. Go to the ministries and other agencies in the country, those women there are self-reliant. This comment is very unfortunate especially at a time that women in the country are calling for affirmative action.
On the other hand, there are some of the statements that she made that I totally agree with her. More especially concerning the nature of the economy in the country. I am in 100% support with her. You might take it or leave it but that is the bitter truth and I think she was bold enough to point them out irrespective of the platform that she had. Look at this statement and tell me if she is not right “In Ghana, our economy is such a way that you need someone to take care of you”. “Because even when you want to get an apartment, in Ghana they take two years’ advance”. To be candid with you the economic system in Ghana is very horrifying. Always we are being told by our politicians that the economy is in good shape. It is robust and many other adjectives. But as citizens we do not feel this in our pocket. We are being told by government that inflation keeps dropping down but always when you go to the market there is no change. Rather prices of goods keep on increasing day in and day out. All they can do is to confuse us with figures and have their way through. This is what we call in critical thinking as numerical fallacy. The economy is hard, and there is very little the government is doing about it. They complained that the previous government was collapsing the economy so when they come they are going to build it. Hmmmm. 15 months in office and things are still the same or worse. I think what the government should take from her interview is that, they should rise up and put the economy in the right shape.
Recently, there were a number of arm robbery cases that took place in Accra and some part of Ghana. What do you think would be the cause? One, it could be that the economy is bad or unemployment is on ascendancy. It is also true that in Ghana when you want to rent an apartment you have to pay two years in advance. The question is if you are not working what will you do? It is about time these politicians give us some break.
I must pay homage and tribute to our great and hardworking women who try all the time to be independent to help their homes. I say keep on and everything will be fine. This article is not intended to attack anybody but it is a humble opinion of YOUNG POSITIVIST. Ghana must work again. Ghana will work again. YOUNG POSITIVIST a concerned citizen of Ghana.
Great one there
ReplyDelete